2007年12月26日 星期三

The meaning of Christmas to me


I know more or less about the meaning of Christmas. I am not a Christian myself but I had studied in two Catholic schools for 14 years. I had attended the Christmas Eve mid-night masses and joined the Christmas tea parties in school during those years.

Christmas is the celebration of birth of Christ who brought love and the message of God to us. He sacrificed for our sins. We should remember his sacrifice by doing good deeds and share our love and happiness with others on this day.

As Christmas is now celebrated worldwide among Christians and people of different religious beliefs and even atheists, its true meaning is almost lost. Nowadays when one hears the word Christmas, one tends to visualize Santa Claus and presents and shopping and extravagant Christmas dinners and parties etc. It is now almost totally commercialized and is the occasion for businesses make money out of our savings.

For me, I think Christmas is a time of joy, a time of peace and a time for sharing our gifts we have. I used to write Christmas cards and sent out Christmas presents to my friends in the past and I think they will be delighted when receiving them. I think Christmas is worth celebrating. On this day you will see people and enjoying the festival with their families like I did for so many years when I was living with my Dad, Mom and my brother in Macau.

Anyway, though it was a bit late, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year^^ Really miss Macau and my family these days…

沒有留言: