2007年10月25日 星期四

Eyes on me

Because of my homework and quizzes keeping me busy the whole week, I was not able to update my blog. Today, I had my last quiz for this week. So, I have just decided to write an article sharing my another favourite English song with you.

To say the truth, I seldom listen to Chinese songs or English songs. I used to listen to Japanese Anime's songs when I was small, so till today I still love listening to them. However, I enjoy listening to Chinese and English songs with meaningful and touching lyrics and beatiful melodies. Those will be the ones I am going to share with you in the future.

Here is an old song--- Eyes on me sung by Faye Wong, a famous Hong Kong singer . It is the theme song of one of my favourite PS games, Final Fantasy VIII, which I used to play when I was in primary school. The melody of the song is so soft and comfortable and the lyrics are beautifully written. So, enjoy!



Eyes On Me
Vocal:Faye Wong

Music:Nobuo Uematsu
Lyrics:Kako Someya
Arranger:Shiro Hamaguchi

Whenever sang my songs
On the stage, on my own
Whenever said my words
Wishing they would be heard

I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy
You'd always be ther in the corner
Of this tiny little bar

My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe no

I kind of liked it your your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Oh, did you ever know?
That I had mine on you

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming

Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

沒有留言: