2007年10月31日 星期三

Revise my Comprehensible English Enhancement Plan

1. I have gone through the Common European Framework and I think I stand between B1 and B2 for both my listening and reading. I think my present English standard is not as good as when I was in Form 4 and Form 5, as I got much less chance to speak and use English in Taiwan.
Actually I got a PASS in the London Test of English Level 5, which is the proficient level and scored 'A' Grade in O Level GCE English Language. However, I am now doing less well than before. Therefore, I am going to work hard to brush up my English in the coming future.

2. My goals are:
---Learn at least 100 new words. (Adjustable)
---Make friends with people of different countries and share my experience of learning English with them.
---Write a short novel or some film critiques.

3. What I am doing:
-- Keeping a little notebook where new words that I come across will be recorded. There are already about 30 words in it at present.
-- Reading 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince', which I think I will finish this week, and I am going to watch the movie "Persuit of Happyness" this week and I will write a film critique about it next week.
-- Trying to squeeze out some spare time to go to the English Corner with my roomate(classmate), Miq, in order to improve my speaking and listening skill.

4. I think my biggest problem is insufficient TIME. Homeworks and quizzes occupied my mind every single day. I have to manage my time well so that I can have time learning and improving my English. I need improvement most in my writing and speaking skills, that's why I would like to write film critiques or short novel and watch more English movies or listen to English songs.

Addendum to Homework 3

A. I am now learning English through attending English lectures at NTPU. I think I can learn more by getting myself well prepared beforehand for every English lecture and by doing extended reading and listening to English programmes in tv or radio .

B. I intend to visit the BBC Learning English web site(http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/). This web site contains a variety of English learning materials.